For the Date Caramel layer:
- 1 cup (approximately 200g) Medjool dates (ideally these should be soaked for an hour before)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 1-2 tablespoons warm water
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or Coconut Syrup
- 60g almond butter
Let’s get started!
Coconut Cream Pattie Layer:
1. Begin by combining your desiccated coconut, coconut syrup and coconut cream in a large bowl.
2. Next, add your melted coconut oil and mix well until you have a sticky mixture.
3. Now, roll the mixture into 10 evenly sized balls and place them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
4. Time to make your balls into patties! Using the palm of your hand flatten each ball, and mould into cookie shapes, making sure the surfaces and edges are nice & smooth!
5. Pop your baking tray in the freezer and move onto the date caramel layer.
Date Caramel Layer
1.Throw all your ingredients, except the water, in a food processor and blitz until you’re left with a sticky paste.
2. Next, add 1 tablespoon of water to the food processor and blitz again. (Add one more tablespoon if necessary!)
3. When satisfied with your caramel mix, plop 1 generous tablespoon in the middle of each coconut pattie then flatten and smooth the caramel mixture over each pattie. (Tip: Dip your fingers in a bowl of lukewarm water and shake off any excess drips before beginning, this will make it easier to smooth the caramel).
4. Pop your baking tray back in the freezer whilst you prepare the raw chocolate layer!
Raw Chocolate Layer
1. Begin by combining your cacao powder and cacao butter into a smooth, creamy mix.
2. Next, stir in your maple syrup, making sure your mixture is nicely combined.
3. Time for your masterpiece to come together! Remove your baking tray from the freezer and carefully coat each pattie in your chocolate mixture.
4. Decorate by popping some coconut snack chips on top of each pattie and drizzle the remainder of the chocolate over your tray!
5. Finally, place your goodies back in the freezer for a further 10 minutes before digging in! (If you manage to resist eating all your delicious creations at once, they can be stored in an airtight container in your fridge for a week!)
See more recipes here!