Hazelnut Truffle Centre
- 125g smooth chocolate hazelnut butter (just add 50g cacao powder if you only have plain hazelnut butter)
- 2 large tablespoons raw organic extra-virgin coconut oilAdd to cart
- 50ml coconut (or maple) syrupAdd to cart
- 1 tablespoon heaped cacao powder
- 60ml coconut milk + 2 tablespoon coconut creamAdd to cart
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste (optional)
- Add 20g blended hazelnuts for a stronger Nutella taste
Raw Chocolate Coating
- 50g cacao butter
- 35-40g cacao powder (add more for a thicker consistency)
- 25ml organic coconut (or maple) syrupAdd to cart
- 20 roasted hazelnuts, chopped
Let’s get started!
1. To begin, grab your food processor and blitz your hazelnut butter, cacao powder, vanilla bean paste, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut milk and coconut cream.
2. Transfer to a bowl and pop in the freezer for approximately 2 hours, or until firm.
3. Line a tray with baking or greaseproof paper.
4. When your mixture is firm, use a spoon to scoop out small balls then pop a hazelnut in the middle of each ball and transfer to your hand to roll into a perfectly shaped little ball.
5. Place each on a a lined baking tray and return to the freezer for around 10-15 minutes. You can leave them in there while you complete the next step.
6. In the meantime, melt your cacao butter in a bain marie (or microwave!), then slowly stir in the cacao powder.
7. Using a cocktail skewer, dip the truffle balls into the chocolate mixture and allow any excess to drip off.
8. Finally, coat in chopped hazelnuts to finish.
These tasty treats are at their most delicious the day after making them but if you can’t wait until then, we certainly won’t judge!
See more coconutty recipes here!