For the cake:
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest and juice from 2 lemons
- 1 cup coconut sugarAdd to cart
- ½ cup coconut oil, meltedAdd to cart
- ½ cup milk of your choiceAdd to cart
For the glaze:
- ½ cup coconut sugarAdd to cart
- Juice from ½ a lemon
Let’s get started!
1. To begin, beat your eggs and coconut sugar with an electric whisk for approximately 10 minutes then gradually whisk in your coconut oil, milk, lemon juice and zest.
2. Next, combine your spelt flour and baking powder in a separate bowl before combining them with the wet ingredients.
3. Grease an awaiting cake tin with coconut oil, pour in your mixture then bake at 180C for approximately 45 minutes.
4. Combine the glaze ingredients until smooth, then poke holes in your nicely baked cake and drizzle over the glorious glaze over the top!
5. Finally, leave to set for 2 hours before slicing up, and digging in!