Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 mins- 1 hour
- 1 tin rinsed, drained white beans
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoon ground flax + 6 tbsp water) – or 2 eggs if not vegan
- up to ½ cup sweetener (Coconut Sugar, Coconut Honey or Coconut Syrup)
- 1.5 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- small handful of chopped walnuts
- + a food processor, a baking tray
1. Preheat your oven to 175C | 347F.
2. Make the flax egg – whisk the 1 tablespoon ground flax and 3 tablespoons water until you achieve a thick, gel-like consistency.
3. Combine all the ingredients (except the walnuts!) in your food processor. Process for around three minutes, or until the consistency is thick, smooth, and creamy! Then, throw in your chopped walnuts (or raisins or chocolate chips, if you prefer).
4. Now’s the time to grease up that baking tray and spread your chocolatey mixture in! Bake at 175C for 20-25 minutes, or when the edges start to pull away from the tin and the top of the brownies start to crack. Let them sit for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from tin and slice.
6. Bon appetit!
See more recipes here!