Looking for a little savoury yet sweet snack? Never fear – we’ve got all your tastes covered! Our coconut oil is the perfect ingredient in savoury dishes, and our honey roasted cinnamon chickpeas, courtesy of the lovely Contributing Chef Heather Adamson (@fresheather) are simply delicious. Made with coconut oil and sea salt, and paired with honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg, this recipe results in a delicious snack that is just the perfect balance of savoury with a cheeky sweet twist! Crispy, caramelised, and coconutty – and best of all, healthy, vegan, and delicious, these unique little chickpeas are sure to be a firm favourite.
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1tbsp Coconut Honey (or agave, or Coconut Syrup)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
Let’s get started!
1. Preheat oven to 375F | 190C.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Dry with a kitchen towel.
3. Spread onto a lined baking tray in a single layer, and bake for 45 minutes until crispy, shaking halfway through.
4. Mix together with the honey/syrup, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
5. As soon as you take the chickpeas out of the oven, mix together with the honey mixture.
6. Place back in the oven for another 10 minutes until caramelised and crispy!
7. Enjoy and share with your friends! (Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.)
See more recipes here!