Coconut flour has a mild natural sweetness so it’s a great compliment in pancakes. Using this recipe, they come out so unbelievably light and fluffy – and best of all, free from gluten or artificial ingredients! It’s also one of the healthiest flours you can get: high in fibre and healthy fats whilst being low in carbs and completely natural. Our lovely Contributing Chef Kelly Barlow
(@EatPrayCook_) has provided us with her favourite coconut flour pancake recipe – add your favourite toppings or use this blackberry and coconut combination! It makes for a super-easy, delicious and nutritious treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast, snack or dessert (or what the heck, for any meal!).
It makes one stack, or five pancakes, so measure accordingly!
What you’ll need:
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut flourAdd to cart
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
(or coconut syrup!)Add to cart
- 25ml almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oilAdd to cart
- Blackberries and toasted coconut flakes
!Add to cart
Let’s get started!
1. Mix everything (apart from the oil) together in a food processor. (You can mix in a bowl but you’ll need some good whisking skills!)
2.Heat the coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat and spoon mixture on.
3. Cook for a couple of minutes and flip.
4. Top with blackberries, maple syrup and toasted coconut flakes for a dreamy combo or use your own
See more recipes here!