TRY THIS: ROASTED ROOTS LENTIL QUINOA SALAD WITH A MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
Looking for some spring inspiration? The very talented Amy Lanza has prepared this beauty for us:
2 small carrots,
sliced into half moons 1 parsnip,
peeled and sliced into half moons ½ small butternut squash,
peeled and diced small
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary
60g quinoa, cooked and drained
80g green lentils, cooked and drained
2 large handfuls kale
¼ tsp salt
1 handful rocket 2 spring onions,
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp plain yoghurt
e.g. soya ½ - 1 tsp miso paste Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 160Fan/180*C. Prepare the root vegetables, toss with the coconut oil, thyme, rosemary and season to taste. Place on line baking tray and roast for 40 mins, or until tender and starting to crisp on the outside. Turn around half way through. Allow to cool.
- Massage kale in a large bowl with the ¼ tsp salt and 1 tbsp coconut vinegar until it wilts and reduces in volume.
- Prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add the quinoa, lentils, roasted veggies, rocket, spring onion and half the dressing to the kale and toss to combine well.
- Divide between two plates, and top with remaining dressing.