We’re sure by now you’ve heard the (albeit difficult to pronounce) word that’s been on everyone’s lips recently: Veganuary. If, like many, you’re still in Christmas mode and continuing to eat everything in sight, going vegan for a month probably isn’t the most attainable New Year’s resolution. However, if you’re embracing the trend, we’ve got your back. Read on for some great motivators and vegan-friendly recipes!
1. Simply put, being vegan is the easiest way to help animals. Studies have shown that the average vegan saves over 100 animals a year – that’s a lot of furry friends!
2. Going vegan is one of the kindest things you can do for the environment, due to the pollution caused by the production, transport, and sale of animal products.
3. Since many processed foods and ready meals aren’t vegan, it’s time to get your chef hat on. Making your own meals means it’s much easier to avoid processed foods and artificial ingredients.
4. Contrary to popular belief, it’s easy on the wallet too! There are some great affordable protein sources out there; adding chickpeas, quinoa, and lentils to your shopping basket definitely won’t break the bank!
5. It tastes great. Here’s a selection of our favourite vegan recipes to show you that Veganuary really isn’t as difficult – or restrictive – as it sounds:
Ah pesto – while this wondrous ingredient coats pasta like nothing else, shop bought varieties are rarely vegan-friendly. Kelly’s
recipe has just five ingredients and one simple step to pesto perfection.
White Bean Brownies
Brownies: a staple food for any dedicated sweet tooth. The white beans in these gooey delights are a great source of protein, whilst the cacao and natural coconut sugar ensure they’re just as rich and delectable as normal.
Sweet Potato Massaman Curry
Curries are an excellent way to expand your vegan cooking horizons, since many are naturally vegan-friendly, and just as delicious without meat. Niki’s
creation is filled with flavour from a variety of warming spices, and positively packed with some of our favourite veggies.
Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Good news – even if you’re an untameable cheese addict, all is not lost. Charley’s
quick and easy recipe proves you don’t have to cast aside your go-to cheese dishes on your quest for veganism. All you need is some creativity, love, and a little nutritional yet!
The rumours are true! Fresh Heather’s
mouth-wateringly beautiful banana bread is completely vegan, as well as gluten and guilt-free.
Craving more delectable vegan treats? Simply pop ‘vegan’ into the search bar or go to
our recipes page