Coconut Merchant T&C
GENERAL TERMS OF SALE
These Terms of Sale (“Terms”) govern the sale and delivery of coconut and other grocery products (“Products”) by Coconut Merchant (“Seller”) to you (“Buyer”). By placing an order for Products, Buyer agrees to be bound by and accepts these Terms.
- Order Placement and Acceptance
- All orders are subject to acceptance by Seller.
- Order acceptance and sale contract formation occurs upon Seller’s written confirmation of the order.
- Prices and Payment
- Prices shall be as specified by Seller and shall be applicable for the period specified in Seller’s quote.
- Payments are due pro forma and prior to dispatch unless extended payment terms are agreed with the Buyer in writing beforehand.
- Delivery dates are estimates and are subject to Seller’s ability to deliver.
- Products will be delivered to the address specified by Buyer and risk of loss passes to Buyer upon delivery.
- Title and Risk of Loss
- Title to the Products passes to Buyer upon payment in full.
- Risk of loss or damage to the Products passes to Buyer upon delivery.
- Inspection and Acceptance
- Buyer shall inspect Products upon delivery and notify Seller of any defects within 3 days of delivery.
- Returns and Refunds
- Returns are accepted for faulty or damaged goods, or goods not as described, reported within 3 working days of delivery.
- All returned Products must be in their original packaging and condition, and accompanied by proof of purchase.
- Refunds will be issued to the original method of payment or as a credit towards future purchases at the discretion of the Buyer.
- Products that are opened, used, or not in their original packaging are not eligible for return unless faulty.
- To initiate a return, Buyer must contact Seller’s customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org for a return authorization.
- Product Compliance and Representations
- Seller represents that the Products comply with all applicable UK laws and standards
- Limitation of Liability
- In no event shall Seller be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of or related to these Terms.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Buyer and Seller.
- Any amendments or modifications of these Terms must be in writing and executed by both parties.
USAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
License to use website Unless otherwise stated, Coconut Merchant and its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view, download for caching purposes only, print pages, or share from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions. You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution, as per the terms below.
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your personal (and not commercial) networks and credit must be attributed to Coconut Merchant.
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity. You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software. You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without Coconut Merchant’s express written consent.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Coconut Merchant makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Coconut Merchant does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
While all reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the content of this website, nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
Coconut Merchant and its employees will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if Coconut Merchant has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Coconut Merchant’s liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by Coconut Merchant’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Coconut Merchant; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Coconut Merchant to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
SUBSCRIPTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We are committed to offering premium natural products at competitive prices for our customers while supporting our farmers with a fair price for their products. Ethical sourcing is core to our beliefs, and working directly with farmers and co-operatives ensures that our products are benefiting the communities they come from. To ensure we remain competitive in the UK market while guaranteeing a fair price for our farmers, our prices are subject to change and monthly subscription prices may fluctuate! Thanks for choosing us, in doing this you are helping us continue on our mission to share the products of farmers in developing countries with the world!
All voucher codes are:
- valid for one month from the date they are offered unless stated otherwise;
- not exchangeable for cash or other denominated vouchers;
- not valid for use in conjunction with any other voucher codes or offers;
- redeemable only via the Coconut Merchant website store (www.coconut-merchant.com);
- not replaceable if lost or stolen; and
- not applicable to orders already placed.
If a voucher is used and your entire order is cancelled or rejected, or if you return all items in your order, any potential refund will be for the total amount paid and your coupon will no longer be valid. If a voucher is redeemed on a multiple item order, the value of the coupon is divided equally between those items. If one of those items is cancelled, rejected, or issued either a full or partial refund, the voucher savings cannot be transferred to the remaining items in the order. Coconut Merchant reserves the right to cancel the order if purchase behaviour by the customer is seen to be suspicious, potentially fraudulent or re-seller behaviour. Coconut Merchant reserve the right to cancel, refuse to issue or honour a specific Voucher at any time for any reason without notice.
WEBSITE STORE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Ordering Goods from the Website
No financial information is stored on our website.
Offer and acceptance
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Coconut Merchant reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason or to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item.
Out of stock products
We will ship your product as soon as it becomes available but usually by the next business day after placing your order or the next business day following a working day. However, there may be times when the product you have ordered is out of stock which will delay fulfilling your order. We will keep you informed of any products that you have ordered that are out-of-stock and unavailable for immediate shipment. You may cancel your order at any time prior to shipping.
Unless otherwise stated, all purchases are subject to a postage and handling charge. If you need your parcel sooner, we can arrange for Next Day Delivery at an additional charge. Please call us on +442037726543 to arrange for this. Unfortunately we do not deliver outside the United Kingdom however, if you would like to arrange an order outside the UK, please email us at email@example.com to arrange this. We aim to dispatch all orders within one working day from when it is placed.
At Coconut Merchant we are proud of our products and service, and work hard to ensure that they are of a high quality. It is important to us that you are also happy with the standard of our products. If you are not happy with your order and would like to exchange them for another, or request a refund, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within seven days of your order, letting us know the reason for your dissatisfaction. Because this is a food item, to qualify for an exchange or refund it is important that all the seals be intact, the products unopened and in their original packaging.
If the contents of your parcel are damaged upon arrival and you wish to receive an exchange or refund, please let us know as soon as possible – no later than 24hours after you received them. We may ask you to return the goods to us so that we can investigate and potentially improve our packaging. We can be contacted by phone at +442037726540 or by email at email@example.com.
Cancelling your order
If you wish to cancel your order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, providing us your name, address, order reference number and the reason why you wish to cancel your order. Once your item has been dispatched we will no longer be able to accept order cancelations.
VAT All prices on this website are in British Pounds Sterling, including VAT wherever applicable.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
These conditions apply to all sales of goods supplied by Coconut Merchant Limited, to its customers (referred to in these terms and condition as the ‘Seller’ and’ Buyer’ respectively) and they shall prevail over any inconsistent terms and conditions contained in the buyer’s order. No addition to or variation of these conditions shall be binding upon the Seller unless agreed in writing and signed by duly authorised representative of the Seller.
All price quoted are those ruling at date of quotation. The price is valid for a period of 60 days unless otherwise stated. The company reserves the right to increase any price if material costs or wages increase after acceptance of order and before delivery.
- Any anticipated delivery dates stated by the Seller are approximate only and not of contractual effect. The Seller shall be under no liability in respect of premature or late delivery howsoever caused.
- If the Buyer fails to take delivery of goods tendered the Seller shall be entitled to store at the risk of the Buyer and goods of which the Buyer fails to take delivery and the Buyer shall in addition to the purchase price pay all costs of storage and any other additional costs incurred as a result of such failure.
- Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered and the risk therein to have passed upon delivery at the Buyer premises except that where the Goods are transported by carrier on behalf of the Buyer risk shall pass upon their transfer to such carrier.
- Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the terms of the contract unless the Buyer shall notify the Seller to the contrary in writing within 5 working days of the Goods leaving the premises of the Seller. In the event of defective delivery properly notified and established by the Buyer the Seller shall at its discretion either replace the goods as ordered or credit the Buyer with the purchase price but shall be under no further liability whatsoever to the Buyer.
- Where the Company undertakes the installation of the equipment or materials supplied in the customer’s premises the Company shall not be responsible for any consequential loss or damage occurring as a result thereof nor for any third party claims in connection therewith.
- Unless otherwise confirmed in writing by the Seller goods are delivered only on condition that goods will be invoiced at prices ruling at the date of despatch of goods for delivery or as otherwise agreed by the Seller.
- Terms of payment are strictly 28 days net; the Seller reserves the right to charge interest at 24% per annum on any Invoice which remains unpaid twenty eight days after the Invoice date, such interest to be calculated from that date to date payment is received in full. All fees are subjected to VAT at the prevailing rate.
- The Seller may at its absolute discretion deliver the goods by instalments in accordance with the invoice delivered therewith. If payment is not received in full for any instalment delivery the Seller shall not be required to complete and deliver the balance of the order until payment is received.
Passing of Titles
- Legal title to the Goods shall only pass to the Buyer upon payment in full of the purchase price together with any and all other sums owing to the Seller if whatsoever nature. The Buyer shall store the Goods so as to show that they remain the property of the Seller provided that the buyer shall be at liberty to sell the Goods in the ordinary course of business. The buyer shall hold the proceeds of such sale on trust for the Seller and in a separate account. The Seller may by written notice terminate the Buyer power of sale at any time if the Buyer goes or threatens to go into receivership or liquidation. At any time after the termination of the power of the sales the Seller may repossess the Goods and the Buyer hereby grants to the Seller an irrevocable licence to enter upon any premise of the Buyer for the purpose of so doing.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Coconut Merchant has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Coconut Merchant’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website. Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Coconut Merchant’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Coconut Merchant.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer. Indemnity You hereby indemnify Coconut Merchant and undertake to keep Coconut Merchant indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by Coconut Merchant to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of Coconut Merchant’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by Coconut Merchant arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to Coconut Merchant’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, Coconut Merchant may take such action as Coconut Merchant deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Coconut Merchant may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Coconut Merchant may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with Coconut Merchant’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent. You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
While certain precautions have been taken to detect computer viruses and ensure security, we cannot guarantee that this website is virus-free and secure. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage which occurs as a result of any virus or breach of security. We do not give you warranties as to the compatibility of the website with your computer systems, software and/or hardware.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Coconut Merchant is a trading name of Coconut Merchant Ltd. Registered in England No. 08295331 Registered address: Unit 4 Mitcham Industrial Estate, 85 Streatham Rd, CR4 2AP, United Kingdom.