13 Dec Vegan & Gluten-Free Banana Bread
‘Tis the season to eat cake, fa la la la la, la la la la. With Christmas just around the corner, we see no reason why we should hold ourselves back any longer. Starting with the lovely Fresh Heather’s (@fresheather) Vegan Banana Bread, we intend to fully immerse ourselves in a world of sweet indulgence. This mouthwatering creation not only tastes and looks divine, it does good too – the recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and even includes our premium quality Organic Coconut Oil. So, shall we get baking?
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, meltedAdd to cart
- 1/3 cup agave (or coconut!) syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup spelt flour, gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 tablespoon baking powder
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A splash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut milkAdd to cart
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
Let’s get started!
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 180C.
2. Mix your chia seeds with a couple of tablespoons of water, then add in the mashed bananas, coconut oil and agave (or coconut) syrup.
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder and give it a good stir.
4. Next, pop a third of the mixture into a separate bowl, and add in the coconut milk, cacao powder, chocolate, cinnamon and vanilla.
5. Finally, pour your plain mix into a lined loaf tin, and top with the chocolatey mixture. To achieve that lovely marbled effect, gently swirl a knife through the mixture. And, for extra effect, why not top your creation with a banana that has been sliced lengthways!
6. Pop your masterpiece into the oven for 35-40 mins (a knife or toothpick should come out clean when it’s done). When cooked through, it’s best to allow it to cool on a wire rack before slicing. For a heavenly combo, try topping with our Organic Cacao Spread!
For more recipes as eye-wateringly beautiful as this, click here.