Not a fan of the chemical-laden baby wipes saturating the market – but don’t like shelling out for the expensive organic varieties either? Look no further! You can make your own organic, all-natural baby wipes at home for a fraction of the cost. Both baby and your wallet will approve – and as an added bonus, you can even use them as a gentle, all-natural makeup remover!
The key ingredient is – you guessed it – coconut oil
! Among the many benefits of coconut oil
, it contains antimicrobial bacterial and fungal properties, making it a perfect natural sanitiser that’s gentle on skin.
How can I make my own cleansing wipes?
What you’ll need:
– 1 thick, soft paper towel roll
– 4 cups purified water
– 1-2 tablespoons raw organic extra-virgin coconut oil
– For baby wipes:
1 squirt organic baby wash
– For facial cleansing wipes:
1 squirt of a mild face wash
– 1 medium-sized Tupperware container
Let’s get started!
1. Start by mixing the water, coconut oil and cleansing wash in the Tupperware container.
2. Then, using a sharp knife, cut your paper towel in half (so it looks more like toilet roll in terms of size!). Make sure you get any rogue fuzzy bits off after!
3. Place the cut paper towel roll into your mixture, and smoosh it down with the Tupperware lid, sealing it inside. Leave it for about 5-10 minutes.
4. Remove the Tupperware lid, and then remove the inner brown paper towel roll from the centre. Simply pull up a bit of the now-wet paper towels from the centre – and you’ll be able to pull out the wipes individually this way.
5. You’re ready to use your all-natural wipes on baby or your face!
See how easy this recipe is? Just five steps to all-natural cleansing! Give it a go- traditional baby wipes may just become a thing of the past. Knowing exactly what you’re using for both yourself and your baby is a great thing- no more nasties or toxins, plus you’ll be left with smooth skin that sublty smells of coconut.
Coconut oil isn’t just for your skin. Find out how coconuts can benefit your hair, nails, teeth, diet and much more here
Veteran or newbie? Wherever you fall on the coconut-loving scale, you’ll be surprised our vast and varying range of coconut goodies. Check out our online store!