- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or try our UFC Milks)
- 1 tbsp rice syrup or Coconut Syrup (or any preferred sweetener)
- a pinch of salt
- Coconut Oil (for frying!)
1. Get a blender and make your beetroot puree by blending cooked beetroot (you can either cook it yourself or simply grab one from the shops!) with the almond milk.
2. Stir in flour, baking powder, and the remaining ingredients, and blend until thick and smooth.
3. Heat a large pan, lightly oiled with coconut oil.
4. Using ¼ cup of batter for each pancake, pour into the warmed pan and cook 2-3 pancakes at a time. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until slightly brown! Remember to keep warm while cooking the remaining pancakes.
5. To serve, place your desired amount of pancakes on a warm plate. Top with toasted coconut chips and a generous drizzle of coconut syrup.
6. Enjoy… either by yourself or with your Valentine!
See more recipes here!