Raw Vegan Chocolate with Almond Swirl
Raw vegan chocolate with an almond swirl… we know, it almost sounds too good to be true! It’s a super-simple recipe courtesy of the ever-talented Hedi
)! All that's requires is a little melting and blending, before popping the mixture in the fridge to set for a little while. Feel free to substitute the almond butter with peanut butter for a Reese’s peanut butter-esque twist, or even play around with other flavours! Either way, we promise you’ll have a hard time trying to resist eating all of these delicious bits of raw heaven in one go…
What you’ll need:
For the raw chocolate:
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Coconut Syrup
For the almond swirl:
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Syrup
Let’s get started!
- Let’s start with the chocolate first: melt the cacao butter, and then mix in the raw cacao, coconut syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Line a glass baking dish with baking paper. Pour the chocolate mixture in and pop it in the fridge to set for 5 minutes (not longer than that as we don't want it to set completely).
- Next, for the almond swirl: melt the coconut oil and mix it with almond butter and coconut syrup. Pour this on top of the chocolate and using a knife or fork, create a swirl pattern.
- Pop back in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Slice, and enjoy!
See more recipes here!