- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil Add to cart
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar Add to cart
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or coconut syrup!) Add to cart
- 2 mashed bananas
- ½ cup sultanas (make sure you soak them first for about five minutes in boiling water!)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- a tiny pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- a sprinkle of flaked almonds (to garnish!)
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of sugar
1. Start by preheating your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a pan, add your coconut oil and melt on a gentle heat. Once fully melted, switch your heat off and add the coconut sugar and mix together before leaving to the side to cool.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the buckwheat flour, almonds, ginger, salt, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, syrup, and mashed banana. Mix together.
4. Pour the coconut oil / coconut sugar blend and the sultanas into your main mixture, and stir thoroughly until everything is well combined.
5. Grease a loaf baking tray with coconut oil and spoon in your mixture, being careful to spread evenly.
6. Sprinkle the flaked almonds on top, and pop in the oven for about 30-35 minutes – until golden brown on top!
See more recipes here!