- 1 can coconut milkAdd to cart
- 1 carton coconut cream
- 115g cashews (soak them for at least 2 hours beforehand!)
- 225g pitted fresh cherries
- 145g coconut sugarAdd to cart
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 3/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 400ml can light coconut milk
Let’s get started!
1. Throw your coconut milk, cherries, coconut cream, almond extract, and coconut sugar into your blender and whizz until smooth. Once this is finished, add your cashews and blend again until smooth. Next, add your xanthan gum and blend one final time: this will give the ice cream a more elastic, gooey texture.
2. Once completely smooth, pour the mixture into your ice cream machine. Allow the mixture to freeze and churn for approximately 35 minutes, until it thickens and forms a slightly soft ice cream consistency.
3. When this is done, transfer your ice cream into a tupperware container or loaf tin, and transfer it to the freezer to firm for around half an hour. (You could also enjoy this straight away if you prefer softer ice cream.)
4. When the ice cream has frozen to your desired consistency, remove it from the freezer and enjoy! If you don’t have it all at once, feel free to keep it in the freezer until the next time.
See more recipes here!