- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- A handful of fresh thyme
- 200-300ml vegetable stock
Let’s get started!
1. Crush your garlic with the flat side of a knife and toss it into a pan along with the onion. Fry for a few minutes in your fave oil - maybe Coconut Oil?
2. Chop your mushrooms and add them to the pan, along with some fresh thyme and black pepper. Leave this to sizzle for a few minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
3. Pop the mix into a blender with the coconut milk and about 2/3 of the vegetable stock. Give it a good whizz, taste, then season accordingly with salt and pepper. If your soup is a little thick, simply add some more stock.
4. To achieve Charley’s picture perfect finish, slice and stir-fry some more mushrooms with some herbs and a little garlic. Finally, enjoy with a stack of warm crusty bread!