TRY THIS:YELLOW SPLIT PEA AND PARSNIP CORN CHOWDER
Simple to make yet utterly delicious, the wonderful Amy Lanza
has created this amazing Yellow Split Pea and Parsnip Corn Chowder Soup for us to all enjoy! Thanks Amy!
100g yellow split peas,
soaked for 10mins in boiling water,
drained ½ white onion,
small dice 1 stick celery,
thinly sliced ½ pasnip,
peeled and diced 1 small tin sweetcorn,
drained (165g drained weight) 500ml vegetable stock
1 tsp brown rise miso paste Black pepper
½ tsp smoked paprika Coconut cream:
15g coconut milk powder mixed with 30ml water
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 large handful kale,
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan and fry onion and celery for several minutes until soft and translucent. Add garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the parsnip, slit peas, sweetcorn, black pepper and paprika and stir to coat. Add in the stock and miso and stir.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, lid half on, for 45 minutes until the split peas are soft and the parsnips are breaking down. Stir every now and then.
- Make up the coconut cream and a small bowl.
- Add the coconut cream to the saucepan. Puree the soup – I like to save a few tablespoons of the mix to leave chunky – with a handheld or immersion blender. Stir in the reserved cunks and return to the heat.
- Tear the kale into small pieces and add to the soup. Continue to warm for 5 minutes to allow the kale to wilt. Season to taste.
- Serve warm topped with crunchy seeds, black pepper, chilli flakes, and coconut yoghurt or more coconut cream.