- 1 diced brown onion
- A handful of finely sliced mixed peppers
- 4-6 eggs1⁄2 cup Coconut Flour
- A pinch each of sea salt, pepper, mixed herbs
- A handful of shredded cheese or chopped feta
- 1 large tomato
- Sliced jalapeno peppers (optional!)
- 1 generous dollop of Coconut Oil
1. Get started by preheating the oven to 180C (350F), and then grease or line a 20 x 20cm baking dish.
2. On the hob, soften some onions and peppers in a bit of coconut oil and leave to cool.
3. Next, beat the eggs in a large bowl until combined.
4. Grate the courgettes, and using your hands, squeeze out the excess moisture from them. This step is important, as it ensures you don’t end up with a soggy final product! Keep the extra juice on the side so to add a tiny bit to moisten your mixture if needed later (coconut flour loves liquid, so sometimes it needs extra liquids – read here for some coconut flour tips!).
5. Next, add the coconut flour into the eggs and mix together until smooth.
6. Mix in the grated courgettes, onion, peppers, salt, pepper, cheese, or whatever else you wish to add and stir to combine.
7. Finally, pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Thinly slice up the tomato/jalapenos, and place on top.
8. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked through.
9. Cool slightly before cutting, and enjoy with friends and family for lunch or dinner! It will keep for a couple days in the fridge.