- 200g oats
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons flour (both gluten-free and plain white work well)
- 200g pitted dates (if not using medjool soak in hot water for 30 mins)
- 10g fresh ginger (or 2 teaspoons ground ginger)
- 6 tablespoons coconut oilAdd to cart
- 4 tablespoons coconut syrupAdd to cart
Let’s get started!
1. Start by preheating your oven to 160 degrees Celsius (degrees Fahrenheit).
2. Steep your chai tea bags in boiling water for 20 minutes.
3. Now, mix your cinnamon, oats, baking powder, salt, flour, and ginger (if you’re using ground!) in a large bowl. Set aside.
4. Pop your dates, ginger (if fresh!), coconut oil, freshly-brewed tea, and coconut syrup in the blender, and pulse until smooth.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir until just combined. Taste to make sure you don’t need any extra sweetness – if you do, add more coconut syrup! The mixture should be sticky, not too runny, and as the coconut oil solidifies it’ll become stickier. 6. Line your baking tray with greaseproof paper and add a bit of coconut oil, then scoop on the mixture and level out.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes!
8. Once ready, the outside of your flapjacks will be relatively hard, with a lovely soft inside!
9. Leave your delightful creations to cool for about 20 minutes, then enjoy!
See more recipes here!