So you already know all about oil pulling and the incredible ways coconut oil can work to detoxify your mouth – but did you know it can also work as a whitening toothpaste!? Say goodbye to the artificial, chemical-laden commercial toothpastes, and start making your own natural toothpaste at home – you’ll even save money in the process!
This homemade toothpaste only has three ingredients: coconut oil, baking soda, and peppermint oil! Peppermint oil is a completely natural essential oil, which provides a cooling sensation and natural fresh flavouring that help freshen bad breath. It also helps your homemade toothpaste taste more like the minty toothpaste you’re used to – in a completely natural incarnation, of course!
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
– 2 tablespoons baking soda
– 10 drops peppermint oil
– In a small container, mix your baking soda and coconut oil until it reaches a paste-like consistency.
– Add several drops of peppermint oil and mix in.
– Brush those pearly whites!