100% Natural Coconut Oil Lip Balm
You already know all about the beauty benefits of coconut oil for oral health
, luscious locks
, or as an all over body moisturiser,
so this time we thought we’d show you how to use our little coconut friends to make a soothing lip balm! This DIY Coconut Oil & Lime Lip Balm from the lovely Harriet (@_harrietemily)
is packed with coconut oil to keep your lips hydrated all winter long! Using just five ingredients, this recipe is quick and easy to whip up, and completely natural! Plus, once you’ve mastered this custom lip-balm you can modify the ingredients for various scents or even add a few drops of essential oil for enhanced therapeutic effects! One batch will fill up to six 15ml tins. So, shall we get mixing?
What you’ll need:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons carnauba wax
- 1 tablespoon mango butter
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon lime oil
Let’s get started!
1. Begin by pouring some water into a large pan over a medium heat.
2. Pop a heatproof bowl on top, making sure it’s not touching the water!
3. Next, throw all your ingredients into the bowl and stir until all ingredients are melted and nicely combined. Then remove from the heat.
4. Leave your concoction to cool for around 1 minute, and then spoon the mixture into your awaiting tins!
5. Finally, pop your tins into the fridge and allow around 1 hour for your lip balms to set.
6. Remove from the fridge, apply to lips and await smooth, glossy lips! (Your lip balms will be happy stored at room temperature!)
See more recipes here!