- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, meltedAdd to cart
- 1/3 cup agave (or coconut!) syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup spelt flour, gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 tablespoon baking powder
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A splash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut milkAdd to cart
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
Let’s get started!
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 180C.
2. Mix your chia seeds with a couple of tablespoons of water, then add in the mashed bananas, coconut oil and agave (or coconut) syrup.
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder and give it a good stir.
4. Next, pop a third of the mixture into a separate bowl, and add in the coconut milk, cacao powder, chocolate, cinnamon and vanilla.
5. Finally, pour your plain mix into a lined loaf tin, and top with the chocolatey mixture. To achieve that lovely marbled effect, gently swirl a knife through the mixture. And, for extra effect, why not top your creation with a banana that has been sliced lengthways!
6. Pop your masterpiece into the oven for 35-40 mins (a knife or toothpick should come out clean when it’s done). When cooked through, it’s best to allow it to cool on a wire rack before slicing. For a heavenly combo, try topping with our Organic Cacao Spread!
For more recipes as eye-wateringly beautiful as this, click here.