TRY THIS: SUPER GREEN GOODNESS BOWL
The very talented Amy Lanza
has created this beautiful super green goodness bowl. It's a must try!
2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp water
½ - 1 tsp Moringa
(depending how much you like the flavour as it’s quite strong!)
5 stalks parsley, stalks removed Salt and pepper
100g spelt barley
2/3 tin chickpeas,
drained 2 stalks celery,
thinly sliced 150g broccoli,
cut into small florets 2
tbsp lemon juice Salt and pepper
2 large handfuls spinach
1 large avocado,
- Cook spelt barley according to packet instructions, adding chickpeas for final 4 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Prepare the dressing by placing all ingredients in a small blender and whizz until smooth. Add more water if it’s not pourable consistency.
- Boil or steam the broccoli florets for 2-3 mins until bright green and tender, allow to cool.
- To the spelt, add the celery, broccoli, lemon juice and stir. Season to taste.
- Divide the spinach between 2 bowls, add ½ of the spelt mixture to each, top with ½ the sliced avocado and drizzle over the dressing. Serve right away, with extra parsley, if you like.