Yet again, our friend Amy Lanza
has been busy creating some coconut inspired recipes for us. Absolutely delicious and simple to make - this is 100% worth a try!
1 tsp cumin seeds 1 onion,
diced 4 cloves garlic crushed
1 tbsp curry powder
¼ tsp ground cloves
1 tsp miso paste Salt and pepper
1 cauliflower, cut into florets
2 medium (400g) yellow potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
100g red lentils
chopped small 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
pittas, rice, fresh coriander, mango chutney
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and add the cumin seeds and fry until smelling fragrant. Then add the onion and stir frequently for 5-8 mins until softening and is translucent.
- Add the garlic, curry powder, ground cloves, turmeric, and miso and stir to coat the onions. Add the cauliflower, red lentils and then the stock. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 25-30 mins until the lentils are broken down and are really soft. The potatoes will break down a lot too.
- Add the peas and the coconut butter and stir well to allow the butter to melt fully into the dahl.
- Stir in the lime juice and serve right away, as desired.