- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (185g) brown rice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 courgette (zuchini), grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 pack extra firm tofu, broken apart into small pieces
- 2 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamari soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut syrupAdd to cart
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon medium curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup (65g) frozen sweetcorn
- ½ cup (65g) frozen peas
- 1 pack tamari roasted soya beans
Let’s get started:
1. Begin by bringing a large pan of water to a boil on a medium high heat. Then throw in your rice, and cook for about 20 minutes!
2. After the rice has been cooking for 5 minutes, throw your sesame oil into a large wok on a medium heat and add in the onion. Fry for about 2 minutes, then add in the garlic and mushrooms and fry for a further minute!
3. Next, add in the carrot and courgette and stir together for another minute.
4. Time to throw in your tofu pieces!
5. Stir everything together in the pan, and add in the soy sauce, coconut syrup, rice vinegar, turmeric, curry powder, chilli powder, salt and pepper. Continue to fry and stir your rice.
6. When there’s about 3-4 minutes left for the rice to cook, add in the peas and sweetcorn.
7. Lastly, when the rice has completely cooked, remove it from the heat and drain. Now add your rice into the wok, with the other ingredients, and also add the soya beans. Stir everything together for a further 1-2 minutes, and then remove from the heat.
8. Serve and enjoy!
See more recipes here!