Kay Ali has given us a brilliant Sugar free alternative to a classic dish. Follow her amazing nutrionist page here
Going sugar-free need not be as grim as it sounds. While it's best to limit foods made with refined sugars, naturally occurring sugars from whole foods like fruit are entirely guilt-free. The fibre helps to slow down the release of sugar into our blood keeping our energy levels in check. This recipe relies on the natural sweetness of ripe bananas without any added sugar! And if your palette has not quite adjusted to less sugar, you can sweeten it up with our spreads like honey or coconut jam.
2 large super ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup of our Coconut Oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tsp vanilla
1.5 cups Coconut Flour
1.5 cups gluten free plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup almond milk
150g dark chocolate, chopped
Handful of flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add lemon juice and coconut oil and stir.
- Add in all the dry ingredients except the chocolate. Stir lightly and gradually pour in the coconut milk until you have a thick dough-like batter.
- Stir in the chocolate. Pour into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before removing to the cooling rack.
We hope you love it as much and we do!