Nectarine and Coconut Baked Oatmeal
Spice up your morning with this delicious recipe from our absolute favourite Nourishing Amy
! This well balanced, and yummy breakfast will impress any guest!
60g Jumbo oats
140ml boiling water
1 ripe Banana, mashed
1 large Nectarine, in half
½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and grease a baking dish with our coconut oil.
- Soak the oats in the boiling water in a small bowl for 5-10 minutes, ensuring the oats are fully covered with water.
- Meanwhile, mash the banana and chop half the nectarine into thin slices for the top and the other half into small chunks.
- Into the bowl, add in the banana, nectarine chunks, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and coconut flakes. Give the mix a good stir and then pour into the greased dish. Place the remaining nectarine slices on top in a fan shape.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top of the oatmeal is turning golden brown and the centre feels firmer to the touch – it will still feel soft and a bit ‘wet’.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before serving with your favourite toppings. Alternatively, allow the oatmeal to fully cool before wrapping in clingfilm and storing in the fridge for 1-2 days.
We hope you enjoy this stunning dish :)