Pasta with Home Made Tomato Sauce
Looking for a super simple meal that doesn’t compromise on flavour? Look no further. Contributing chef, Ania
) takes us back to basics with a staple Italian pasta dish that’s gluten-free, vegetarian, and guaranteed to put a smile on even the fussiest of diners! Plus, with a little help from our favourite superfood, this comfort food Coconut Oil
and Coconut Sugar
, you can’t go wrong with this versatile sauce recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 5 or 6 ripe tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oilAdd to cart
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- A pinch of paprika
- A pinch of coconut sugarAdd to cart
- Goat's cheese, as much as desired
- Handful of basil
- 280g GF pasta/linguine
1. Place the tomatoes in boiling water after cutting a small ‘X’ shape in them. Remove after about 5 minutes.
2. On a medium heat, fry the garlic in the coconut oil until crisp and golden in colour.
3. Once the tomatoes have cooled a little, peel off the skins, chop until small, and all to the garlic pan.
4. Leave for 30 minutes to simmer. Once 15 have passed, pop in all the spices and Coconut Sugar.
5. Cook the pasta as per pack instructions, and serve immediately with the sauce.
6. Crumble goat’s cheese and garnish with the basil (or any of your other fave herbs!)
Looking for more foodie inspiration? Take a look at our coconutty recipes