Looking for a quick snack recipe that’s packed with nutrients and filled with accessible ingredients? These little energy bites will take snacking to the next level and leave you full for longer! Total #winwin
For the bites:
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut syrup
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tbsp seed mix (e.g. chia, hemp or flaxseeds)
- Pinch of salt
- Extra: you can add chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, nuts, coconut flakes, granola, or any other nibbles into the mix to boost flavours even more; this part is entirely up to you 👨🏼🍳
For the chocolate coating:
- Half a cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 4 tbsp coconut syrup
- Add all ingredients (minus the ones for the chocolate coating) into a large mixing bowl bowl. Mix together until evenly combined. Cover and bring it to the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, quickly make the chocolate coating by adding all coating ingredients together into a medium bowl, then stir it until nice and smooth (works better with a whisk but a spoon will do!). Set aside.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and make medium balls (about the size of a heap tablespoon) pressing them with your palms. Repeat until there is no dough left.
- Cover the bites with the chocolate coating and bring it to the fridge for another hour.
- If not eating straight away, keep bites in the refrigerator in a sealed container. Enjoy!