- 100 grams chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oilAdd to cart
- 2 tablespoons honey (or coconut nectar!)Add to cart
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 2 large or 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon baking powder
- Half a tablespoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 150 millilitres milk
1. Firstly, get your oven heating to 180ºC. Line a loaf pan with baking paper or grease with non-stick spray.
2. Grab a medium-sized bowl and combine all of the dry ingredients apart from the nuts and cacao powder. In another bowl, use an electric whisk to mix all of the wet ingredients together.
3. Next… you guessed it! Add the dry ingredients to the wet and give it another whizz until nicely combined. Divide the mix into two portions, then add the nuts and cacao into one.
4. Spoon the cake mixtures randomly into the prepared tin until all of the mixture is used up, then swirl gently with a knife for the desired marbled affect.
5. Pop the loaf into the oven for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Feel free to use a skewer to check if the banana bread is cooked in the middle.
Have we got your taste buds tingling? That’s just the start! There’s plenty more coconutty recipes here.