- 60g gluten-free oats
- pinch of vanilla powder
- pinch of rock or sea salt
- 30g whole flaxseeds
- 60g polenta
- 25g melted Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Syrup
- 100ml water
- mixed nuts (optional)
- mixed dried fruit (optional)
- Coconut Chips (optional)
Let’s get started!
1. Place the oats, polenta, buckwheat, flaxseeds, salt, and vanilla powder in your blender, and blend until it reaches a flour-like consistency!
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and add the melted coconut oil, coconut syrup, and water.
3. Lightly grease two baking trays with coconut oil. Transfer the mixture between the two trays – it will be sticky and thick.
4. Thinly spread the mixture across the trays, using the back of a tablespoon. Make sure it’s as thin as possible to ensure you get crunchy flakes! Don’t worry if it doesn’t look pretty – you’re going to break them up after it cooks anyway; just make sure it’s smooth on the top.
5. Place in a pre-heated oven at 160 degrees Celsius (320 Fahrenheit) for 25 minutes, then switch your oven off and leave the trays inside to cool.
6. Once cooled, break the mixture into small pieces.
7. Add whichever optional extras you fancy, and store in a jar or airtight container.
8. Enjoy for breakfast with milk or whatever milk alternative you prefer, or as a snack any time of the day!
See more recipes here!