For the macaroons:
- 1 cup dessicated coconut Add to cart
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour Add to cart
- ½ cup coconut milk Add to cart
- 4 tablespoons coconut syrup Add to cart (if keto, sub for erythritol and add a tbsp of coconut oil)
- ½ cup grated beetroot
For the raw cacao drizzle (optional):
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil Add to cart
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- ½ tablespoon coconut syrup Add to cart (if keto, sub for erythritol + another 1/2 tbsp coconut oil)
1.Preheat your oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
2.Put all the ingredients into a bowl, and mix until well-combined!
3.Transfer the mixture to a small saucepan and heat on medium temperature for a minute or two to allow the mixture to firm. You’ll know it’s done when it can be scooped up without appearing liquid-like!
4.Using a spoon, scoop the mixture onto a lined baking tray. The macaroons should resemble individual domes.
5.Place the tray in the centre of your oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops begin to crisp.
6.Make your raw cacao drizzle while you wait by combining all the cacao drizzle ingredients into a bowl, and whisk well!
7.Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for around 20 minutes to firm!
8.Use a drizzle spoon or simply a streamlined teaspoon to pour the mixture over the macaroons, moving your hand back and forth as you go for the drizzle effect!
9.Place the macaroons in the freezer for around 10 minutes, then store in the fridge. 10.Enjoy – and share the wealth – this recipe makes 9 macaroons!
See more recipes here!