COCONUT LIME AND KEFIR CAKE
This amazing #cococreation was submitted to us by Olivia, a lovely health blogger from London. You can find her instagram
and other delicious recipes on her website, The Cashew Tree
Kefir is an ancient fermented milk drink with a consistency between milk and yoghurt. Rich in healthy bacteria, it is packed with delicious health benefits, including improved digestion and high nutrient levels. It’s even said to improve skin integrity.
This fantastic recipe not only includes kefir, but also our favourite superfood (coconut, of course!) – so you can definitely feel good about this healthy indulgence! If you don’t have kefir to hand, you can use natural yoghurt instead. This works similarly, but remember that coconut flour loves moisture, and using yoghurt won’t be as moist. Add a tiny bit of extra coconut milk and you should be good to go!
Top it with whatever you like… we love it with a bit of coconut jam!
If you have one of your own recipes you’d like to share with us, send in your #cococreations here!
What you’ll need:
- 4 large eggs
- 100g coconut flourAdd to cart
- zest of 2 limes
- juice of half a lime
- 200g plain kefir or natural yoghurt
- 60g coconut milk (liquid part)Add to cart
- 50g desiccated coconutAdd to cart
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120g runny honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
Let’s get started!
1. Start by preheating your oven to 170C (340F).
2. Using a large mixing bowl, sift your coconut flour, then add the desiccated coconut, bicarbonate soda, and baking powder!
3. Grate the lime zest into the mixture and then squeeze in the lime juice!
4. Using a separate bowl, whisk your eggs, then add them to the main mixing bowl.
5. Mix in the kefir, coconut milk, vanilla, honey, and a pinch of salt.
6. Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin!
7. Pop the cake in the oven for 30 minutes, then remove, cover with a bit of tinfoil, and place it back in for about 10 minutes.
8. Remove it from the oven, and then test it with a cake tester or toothpick! It should come out clean.
9. Spread on some coconut jam if you fancy it, and enjoy!
See more recipes here!