- 100g Coconut Flour
- zest of 2 limes
- juice of half a lime
- 200g plain kefir or natural yoghurt
- 60g Coconut Milk (liquid part)
- 50g Desiccated Coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120g runny honey (Or Coconut Honey!)
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1. Start by preheating your oven to 170C (340F).
2. Using a large mixing bowl, sift your coconut flour, then add the desiccated coconut, bicarbonate soda, and baking powder!
3. Grate the lime zest into the mixture and then squeeze in the lime juice!
4. Using a separate bowl, whisk your eggs, then add them to the main mixing bowl.
5. Mix in the kefir, coconut milk, vanilla, honey, and a pinch of salt.
6. Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin!
7. Pop the cake in the oven for 30 minutes, then remove, cover with a bit of tinfoil, and place it back in for about 10 minutes.
8. Remove it from the oven, and then test it with a cake tester or toothpick! It should come out clean.
9. Spread on some coconut jam if you fancy it, and enjoy!