- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful of kale
- 400 ml (1 can) Coconut Milk
- 300 ml water
- 3 tablespoons Desiccated Coconut (plus more for garnishing!)
- 2 tablespoons Bouillon powder (or 2 vegetable stock cubes)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon hot chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- Coconut Oil or Coconut Oil with Turmeric (for frying!)
Lets get started!
1. Start by heating some coconut oil in a deep pan! Once hot, toss in the onion and fry until soft.
2. Add the lentils, and fry for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Next, add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, ground coriander, Garam masala, hot chilli powder, and cumin, and mix well!
4. Add the coconut milk, bouillon powder, and water, and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes, mixing occasionally.
5. Add the kale and desiccated coconut, and mix well. Simmer for a further 10 minutes.
6. Serve in bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of desiccated coconut and fresh coriander!
See more recipes here!