Guess what? It is chocolate cake day and we couldn’t help but join the party!
This chocolate cake is one of a kind. With a hint of the good old coco and some coffee, it is completely vegan, refined sugar free (can be made gluten-free if made with GF flour mix), chocolatelicious and consisted of only wholesome ingredients. Truth is, you won’t be able to stop at one slice. Might as well just eat all 14 in the picture... (yes, we’ve counted). Now, get your aprons on and let’s get BAKING.
For the frosting/filling we simply used some Cacao & Coconut Spread from our range as it’s just too good not to.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line 2 equally sized baking trays with nonstick spray, then dust it with cocoa powder shaking the excess out. Set it aside.
- Mix UFC Velvet and coconut vinegar in large mixing bowl and set aside for a few minutes. Add coconut oil, coffee, vanilla extract, fruit puree and mix until combined.
- Add flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt to a separate bowl and slowly add the dry mixture to the wet one as you mix with a hand-held whisk or electric mixer. The final texture should be smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two trays.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool completely before adding frosting/filling.
- Once the cakes are cooled, remove from the baking trays and place one of the cakes on a serving tray. Cover the top with our Cacao & Coconut Spread, then place the second cake on top of it. Now, Cover the entire cake with the same spread (sides, top and edges).
- You can now leave it as it is or cover it with some chocolate sprinkles and fresh cherries on top like we did. HAPPY FEASTING!