For the Truffle Filling:
- ¼ teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 100g dried, pitted prunes
- 32g raisins
- 70g almonds (flaked or whole!)
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Zest and juice of ½ a clementine
For the Chocolate Shell
- 10g Coconut Oil
- 50g dark, dairy and sugar free chocolate
Let’s get started!
1. Begin by throwing all ingredients, except from the chocolate into a food processor and blitzing until you have a smooth paste. (You may need to pause every now and again to scrape down the sides in order to get it lump-free.)
2. Now, pop your mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes, this will make it easier to work with.
3. After 10 minutes, remove your mixture and hand-roll it into approximately 20 bite-sized balls.
4. Pop your balls back into the freezer for a further 10 minutes whilst you prepare your chocolate coating.
5. Break your slab of dark chocolate into small pieces and place in heatproof container. Time to add the coconut oil!
6. Now, you can choose to either slowly melt your chocolate by microwave (15 seconds, then stir!) or place it over a pan of simmering water.
7. Remove your truffle balls from the freezer and roll them in your deliciously melted chocolate mixture until they are fully coated!
8. Carefully pop your truffles on a plate and refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened.
9. Time to enjoy your festive treats - try not to devour them all yourself!
See more recipes here!