3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour
1 cup porridge oats
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1.5 tsp cinnamon
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp bicarb
280g carrots, grated
1 cup almond milk
1 cup coconut cream
Toasted coconut flakes to garnish
- Grease a loaf tin and line with baking parchment. Preheat the oven to 170C.
- In a stand mixer or in a big bowl, place coconut sugar, coconut oil, apple sauce, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar and whisk until combined.
- Add grated carrots and mix until combined.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until all dry ingredients have incorporated.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf tin and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. To avoid cracks in the middle, place 1-2 tbsp melted coconut oil in one line, on top of the batter.
- Bake it for an hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let it cool to room temperature before placing the coconut cream on top.
- As a finishing touch, sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes.
Recipe is based on Vegan Carrot Cake from Vegan Heaven. https://veganheaven.org/recipe/vegan-carrot-cake-with-coconut-cream/