- 2 tablespoon maca powder
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 1/4 cup melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Coconut Syrup
1. First, boil some water, and soak the dates for 15 minutes.
2. Drain the water, and put the dates in the food processor along with the maca powder, and start blitzing them while scraping the mixture down the edges of the food processor as you go! If necessary, add a tablespoon of water to help create a paste-like consistency.
3. Line your freezer-proof dish with aluminium foil or clingfilm. Wet your hands, roll the date paste into balls, and place them onto the tray before freezing for 10 minutes!
4. While you wait for them to harden in the freezer, mix the coconut oil, cacao, and syrup over a low heat.
5. Remove the balls from the freezer, and one by one, place on a tablespoon and dip in the chocolate mixture. Repeat until all the chocolate is used up – and be careful, the chocolate hardens very quickly!
6. Transfer your truffles back into the freezer, and allow them to set and harden for about 30 minutes.
7. Voila – your healthy truffles are ready to be enjoyed!
See more recipes here!