For the Base
- 1 cup of oats
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon Organic Coconut OilAdd to cart
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- A pinch of sea salt
For the Filling
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup dates
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Coconut OilAdd to cart
- A generous pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of ginger
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
Let’s get started!
1. Begin by blitzing your oats in a food processor until you’re left with a fine flour. Throw in the remaining base ingredients and blitz again until well mixed and sticky.
2. Next, transfer your mixture into a cake tin (springform or loose bottomed is best for avoiding pre-pie meltdowns) and press down until smooth and even. Make a wall of crust around the edge of the tin to create the pie sides then pop in the freezer and move onto the filling.
3. For that lovely creamy middle, blitz all of the filling ingredients in a food processor before pouring the mixture over your crust and returning to the freezer.
4. Finally, to create your scrumptious sauce, combine the cashew butter, vanilla, and maple syrup (adding a spoonful at a time). Once smooth, throw in a little coconut milk to achieve your desired consistency
5. Now for the hard part, pop your perfect little pie in the freezer to set for a few hours and wait patiently. When satisfied, cut in to slices, drizzle with sauce, top with crushed pecans and dig in.
Click here for more coco-creations.