Ingredients2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste (store bought), more for more spicy
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
1 Pack of Tofu (cubed)
Garnish with fresh basil or cilantro, bean sprouts, scallions, or thinly sliced red onions.
1 14 ounce can Coconut Milk
1 cup chicken broth or vegetable stock
1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons Savoury Sauce
2 ½ tablespoons Coconut Sugar
1 tablespoon chilli garlic sauce
4 ounces dry rice noodles
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil (or our Oil with Turmeric for extra deliciousness!)
1 large shallot finely diced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped or grated
- Place noodles in a shallow baking dish and boil enough water to just cover them. While water is boiling, prep the shallots, ginger, garlic, red bell pepper, then get all other ingredients ready to go.
- In a medium sized pot or wok, heat the oil over medium heat. Add shallots and ginger and saute until fragrant and golden (about 3 minutes). Add garlic and red curry paste. Fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and broth and bring to a simmer, stirring. Once gently simmering add the bell pepper, soy, fish sauce, sugar and chilli garlic sauce.
- Add the tofu and gently simmer until cooked and give a generous squeeze of lime.
- Drain the noodles and toss these into the pot.
- Now garnish! We chose fresh basil, bean sprouts, thinly sliced red onion and chopped scallions.