This soup is so tasty and versatile, swap in fish or meat in place of the tofu and it's ready in 15 minutes!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste (store bought), more for more spicy
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch cardamom
- 1 Pack of Tofu (cubed)
- 1 lime
- Garnish with fresh basil or cilantro, bean sprouts, scallions, or thinly sliced red onions.
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Merchant Savoury Sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons Coconut Merchant Coconut Sugar
- 1 tablespoon chilli garlic sauce
- 4 ounces dry rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 large shallot finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped or grated
- Place noodles in a shallow baking dish and boil enough water to just cover them. While water is boiling, prep the shallots, ginger, garlic, red bell pepper, then get all other ingredients ready to go.
- In a medium sized pot or wok, heat the oil over medium heat. Add shallots and ginger and saute until fragrant and golden (about 3 minutes). Add garlic and red curry paste. Fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and broth and bring to a simmer, stirring. Once gently simmering add the bell pepper, soy, fish sauce, sugar and chilli garlic sauce.
- Add the tofu and gently simmer until cooked and give a generous squeeze of lime.
- Drain the noodles and toss these into the pot.
- Now garnish! We chose fresh basil, bean sprouts, thinly sliced red onion and chopped scallions.
The CM Team
Take a peek at our other recipes here