- 1.5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coconut Oil for frying
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1/2 carrot diced
- 1/2 courgette diced
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Handful of chopped mint
- Juice from half a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilli
1. Start off by heating the coconut oil in a pan. Add the diced onion, and fry until soft. Stir in the garlic and ground cumin, and fry for another minute.
2. Next, add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the hob and mix in the couscous. Then cover with a lid and let it sit for 10 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
3. In the meantime, heat the coconut oil in a separate pan before adding the peppers, carrots, and courgette. Then sauté until soft.
4. Add chilli, season well and taste.
5. Once soft, tip the sautéed veggies in a bowl, add the couscous, parsley, mint, lemon juice and give it a good stir.
6. Season and leave to stand for a good hour for the flavours to develop and mix together.