For the veggies and rice:
- 200g long-grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 can coconut milkAdd to cart
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules (or 1 teaspoon crushed garlic)
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 100 grated purple cabbage
- 150g roughly grated carrot
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 large handful chopped cashews
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons almond buter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh minced garlic (or garlic paste)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon liquid sweetener
Let’s get started!
1. Start by rinsing the rice until the water runs clear.
2. In a large pot, mix your rice, coconut milk, garlic, water, and salt.
3. Bring to a boil, and simmer gently until the rice has fully cooked and the liquid has evaporated.
4. While this is happening, grate and chop your veggies!
5. When the rice is ready, allow it to cool a bit before adding your veggies, cashews, and most of the coriander.
6. Mix together, and leave to cool!
7. While it’s cooling, make your almond butter by mixing together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. (Tip: if your almond butter is too thick, you might need to warm it up slightly! Add a bit of water if needed to achieve the right consistency.)
8. When the rice salad has cooled, drizzle the dressing all over it (or if you prefer, mix it in!), and garnish with a sprinkling of fresh coriander.
See ore recipes here!