Can you really call it a Halloween party without a sweet treat? 🍭
For today’s coco-halloween-extravaganza recipe, we are making toffee apples 🍎 🍏 the coco way! (Which is, let’s be honest, the only way we know how 🥥)
This simple yet fun recipe has a healthy twist on the original treat but taste just as great – if not better 😋
To make your Coco-Candy-Apples, you’ll need:
- 6 medium apples of choice (we used Granny Smith but that is entirely up to you!)
- 1 ½ cup Coconut Sugar
- 3 tbsp Coconut Honey
- 1 tbsp Coconut Vinegar
- 5tbsp water
- Desiccated Coconut (to sprinkle)
- Firstly, wash the apple thoroughly to make sure the wax is all gone.
- Carefully insert a wooden skewer into the top of each apple through the core.
- Rest the apples on a baking tray lined with nonstick baking paper, with the skewers facing upwards.
- To make the caramel, add the coconut sugar to a medium sized pan alongside the coconut syrup, vinegar and water. Swirl the water so it covers the sugar but do not stir.
- Heat the mixture on low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn the heat up and boil the sugar until it reaches 140c on a thermometer (be sure not to stir it at any point, just simple swirl it around gently when needed).
- Once the caramel is ready, dip in one apple at a time and quickly sprinkle the desiccated coconut around each and every apple.
- Leave the apples aside for at least 30 minutes at room temperature and enjoy! 💫