19 Dec Warming Winter Hot Chocolate
The amazing Rachel of Rawberry Fields has gifted us with what might be the most delicious, guilt-free, hot chocolate we have ever seen – just in time for Christmas! As always, this delightful recipe is packed with fabulous healthy ingredients. It’s sweetened with our coconut sugar and coconut syrup, which are packed with nutrients and natural health benefits, with no preservatives and a lower Glycemic Index (GI) than typical sugar, bee honeys and syrups. So wrap up warm and cosy and enjoy the cold winter nights with this deliciously indulgent treat!
What you’ll need:
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 heaped tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1-2 teaspoon of coconut sugar (depending on how sweet your tooth is!)Add to cart
For the topping (optional)- Coconut SyrupAdd to cart
- Whipped cream (vegan if you like!) or whip your own coconut cream!
- Raw chocolate shavings
Let’s get started!
1. Pop your milk, vanilla, cinnamon and cacao into a small pot and heat on medium low temperature. Make sure you stir your concoction frequently to ensure all ingredients are nicely combined and not overheating!
2. Next throw in your coconut sugar and continue to stir over the heat for a further 1-2 minutes.
3. To finish, pour your mixture into your favourite mug and top with whipped cream or whipped coconut cream, coconut syrup and chocolate shavings!
4. Finally, lick your lips and tuck in!
See more recipes here!