25 Nov Peanut Butter Cup Fudge
If, like us, you eat, sleep, and breathe peanut butter, we urge you to take a few deep breaths and prepare yourself. This drool-worthy delight, from the lovely Rachel (@rawberryfields), is everything we peanut butter-aholics dream of, and more. Requiring only four main ingredients – peanut butter, organic coconut oil, syrup and chocolate – and packed full of healthy fats, it’s the ultimate in natural indulgence. And, just to add fuel to this glorious fire, the recipe also features home-made peanut butter cups and a delicious chocolate swirl. Fudge it! Let’s get cooking.
What you’ll need:
For the peanut butter cups- 150g dark or raw chocolate
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or organic coconut nectar!Add to cart
For the peanut butter fudge- 350g peanut butter
- 80g organnic coconut oil, meltedAdd to cart
- 60ml maple syrup (or organic coconut nectar!)Add to cart
- A pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste (optional)
For the chocolate swirl- 3 tablespoons peanut butter fudge
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oilAdd to cart
- 1 tablepoon maple syrup (or, you guessed it, organic coconut nectar!)Add to cart
Let’s get started!
Peanut Butter Cups
1. First, slowly melt your chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
2. Once melted, place a tablespoon of the chocolate into a mini cupcake case so that it covers the bottom, repeating until you have 10 chocolate filled cases, then pop them into the fridge to set.
3. Next, combine your peanut butter, salt, and syrup (or nectar) in a bowl then plop a teaspoon of the mixture on top of the chocolate disks and cover with the rest of the melted chocolate.
4. Finally, pop your chocolate cups into the freezer and move onto the fudge.
Chocolate Swirled Peanut Butter Fudge
1. To begin, stir all of your fudge ingredients together.
2. Next, take 3 tablespoons of the fudge mix, and in a separate bowl, combine with the cacao, syrup (or nectar), and a tablespoon of coconut oil.
3. In a lined dish, pour the fudge and spread until even, then get creative by blobbing bits of the chocolate mix on top and swirling into patterns with a knife.
4. Finally, grab your chilled peanut butter cups, chop them into bits, and add into your fudge mix before freezing for an hour or two.
Click here for more coconutty creations (sweet and savoury).