28 Oct Halloween Pumpkin Soup
Happy Halloween! Our lovely contributing chef Kelly (@EatPrayCook_) has whipped up a wonderful warming recipe perfect for getting into the Halloween spirit. It’s served in mini pumpkins, making it the perfect festive treat if you’re celebrating at home! Let’s get cooking!
What you’ll need:
Soup- 600g diced pumpkin flesh (one big pumpkin should work, plus two mini ones for serving. Save the seeds for the topping!)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oilAdd to cart
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 150ml coconut milkAdd to cart
- 2 small bay leaves
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- lime juice (about half a lime)
Topping- pumpkin seedsAdd to cart
- cayenne pepper
- maple syrup or coconut syrup!
Let’s get started!
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees, and roast the diced pumpkin for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook your onion and garlic in coconut oil until soft.
3. Stir in the roasted pumpkin, bay leaves, and spices until all mixed together. Add your stock, and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the bay leaves and mix everything together in a blender.
5. Reheat gently, then stir in the coconut milk, chilli flakes, and lime juice.
6. Roast the pumpkin seeds in cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and syrup (or coconut syrup!), and once crispy, serve the hot soup in mini carved out pumpkins and sprinkle the roasted seeds on top of the soup!
7. It’s delicious with some yummy toasted bread.
See more recipes here!