30 Jan Creamy Coconut and Mushroom Soup
Ever stopped to consider that your soulmate might actually be an inanimate bowl of soup? Nope, us neither. It had never crossed our minds. That was until the day we set our sights on Charley’s (@charleys_health) irresistible mushroom and coconut soup.
Blessed with our very own creamy Organic Coconut Milk, Charley’s creation is rich in flavour and smooth in texture – in other words, exactly as a mushroom soup should be! The recipe is also vegan, dairy, and gluten free, making it the perfect dinner party starter to please even the trickiest of tummies. And if you’re tight for time, you’ll be pleased to hear, there’s only 4 steps in the process! So you simply mush have room for this one! See what we did there? OK, let’s just get cooking, shall we?
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milkAdd to cart
- A handful of fresh thyme
- 200-300ml vegetable stock
Let’s get started!
1. Crush your garlic with the flat side of a knife and toss it into a pan along with the onion. Fry for a few minutes.
2. Chop your mushrooms and add them to the pan, along with some fresh thyme and black pepper. Leave this to sizzle for a few minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
3. Pop the mix into a blender with the coconut milk and about 2/3 of the vegetable stock. Give it a good whizz, taste, then season accordingly with salt and pepper. If your soup is a little thick, simply add some more stock.
4. To achieve Charley’s picture perfect finish, slice and stir-fry some more mushrooms with some herbs and a little garlic. Finally, enjoy with a stack of warm crusty bread!
Why not check out some of our other soup recipes?