01 Aug Coconut Oil for Natural Household Cleaning
We know what you’re thinking – more uses for coconut oil?! Is there anything that coconut oil can’t do? Incredibly versatile, coconut oil is great for cooking, skincare – and the home! Its antibacterial properties make it a great natural cleaner. You can really save on money and space by utilising coconut oil for all its incredible uses! Here are some of our favourite ways to make the most of coconut oil around the home:
1. Stain remover. Coconut oil is great for removing stains from upholstery and carpets! Simply mix a bit of coconut oil with baking soda (same as you would to make homemade whitening toothpaste!) and rub directly onto the stain to loosen it.
2. Bronze polish. If you have any bronze items that are starting to look a bit dull, coconut oil is to the rescue! Just rub a little bit on – it will clean the bronze as well and deepen the colour and shine!
3. Wood polish. Easy and natural! Simply mix a bit of coconut oil with lemon juice, and use to polish any wood furniture or floors.
4. Rust remover. Don’t bin those scissors or tools just yet! Rub some coconut oil onto the blades, and let sit for about an hour before rinsing it off – the rust should come off.
5. Label remover. Got any pesky labels that you want to get off but don’t want any residue? Just grab the coconut oil and baking soda again! Just one teaspoon of each should be enough to get the label and gunk off easily.
6. Leather polish. Use a clean cloth to condition leather shoes and furniture.
Have any other interesting household uses for coconut oil? Share with us!