06 Jan Coconut Milk, Pea and Basil Soup
Our wonderful contributing chef Hedi (@hedihearts) has generously supplied us with this deliciously refreshing and completely healthy soup – just what we need to get us back on track after the many festive feasts! This quick and simple recipe is filled with our coconutty goodness and, costs less than £2! Why not inject some excitement into your first week back at work by swapping your sandwiches for this scrumptious soup and start January the healthy way!
What you’ll need:
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tin coconut milk Add to cart
- 3 cups frozen or fresh peas
- handful fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Let’s get started!
1. To begin, grab a pot and fry your onions in coconut oil over a medium heat, making sure to cover with a lid and stir until they are nicely softened.
2. Next throw in your peas, garlic, salt and pepper then fry for a further 2 minutes.
3. Time to add your coconut milk and basil leaves, then allow to cook until the peas are soft.
4. Next, empty the contents of your pot into a food processer and blitz until your mixture is smooth and creamy. (You can choose to add water if your soup is too thick for your liking!)
5. Finally, season to taste and enjoy!
See more recipes here!