Our Charley (@charleyshealth) is pretty amazing. Not only is she an awesome person, she also manages to provide us with regular food envy in the form of her scrumptious all-natural recipes. For that, Charley, we salute you! Her most recent dose of foodie genius comes in the form of Soba Noodle Bowls with Miso Dressing (and yes- it really is as good as it sounds). Crammed full of ingredients that your body will thank you for, this recipe is bound to produce endless ‘oooh’s and ‘aaaah’s at meal time. As if things couldn’t get any better, there’s a sweet Asian hit from our gluten-free friend, Coconut Savoury Sauce. We all know the right thing to do at this point- shall we get cooking?
What you’ll need:
For the noodle bowl:- 40 grams black rice buckwheat noodles
- 1/2 can chickpeas
- Mild curry powder, a pinch
- Turmeric, a pinch
- Salt and pepper, a pinch
- Frozen peas, a handful
- 50 grams tenderstem broccoli
For the dressing:- 1 heaped tablespoon sweet white miso paste
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Savoury SauceAdd to cart
- 1 teaspoon honey (or Coconut Nectar if vegan!)Add to cart
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
To serve (optional):- Black sesame seeds
- Fresh coriander
Let’s get started!
1. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. It can help to drain the noodles with cold water once they’re cooked, so that they don’t stick together.
2. While your noodles cook, get the rapeseed oil sizzling in a pan. Chuck in the curry powder and turmeric, then fry the chickpeas until lovely and crisp.
3. In a separate pan, sauté the veg in a little cooking spray until cooked through. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a jug, then pop your dressing into the saucepan with the veggies.
4. Add in the noodles and the chickpeas, then give everything a good stir to ensure it’s all coated. Sprinkle over the black sesame seeds and coriander for a tantalising finish.
“I’m ready for my close up!”
For more scrumptious recipes that are jam-packed with goodness, head over to our recipes section.